Our home was built in 1870. It has withstood floods, hurricanes, snow storms and tornadoes but as an older home it is prone to certain problems. Most problematic recently has been our plaster ceilings. Over the years one or another has fallen in on us so when the ceiling in my wool room started to sag we decided to remodel prior to catastrophe. Can you imagine and attic full of debris, dirt and insulation mixed with wool and yarn?
This has not been an easy time for our business as I’ve had to put everything from two rooms into one room that is half the size. Our contractor did a great job at keeping the mess at a minimum but I also decided to have the downstairs repainted so we’ve been so limited in what we could do and where we could be but alas our adventure is almost complete!
The demo is completed and the remodel has begun! Next week paint!!!! This has been a trying experience but we are nearing the end and the beginning will be great. We’re moving the fiber room and creating a space just for all the children who come in and out of our home – 8 grandchildren and all their friends.
Soon we’ll have pictures of the completed project and I can’t wait because once done we are debuting a new product!!! Designer roving!!!